Free to use
A resignation is when you formally inform your employer that you are leaving your job. Resigning from a job is something that you will have to face at some point in your career.
There are many reasons behind resignation: lack of career advancement opportunities, a new job offer, personal reasons, change of career, starting own business, dissatisfaction from the position etc. Whatever the reason, resigning from a job is one of the fundamental rights every person has according to the labour law.
However, it should be highlighted that there are some rules as well as some consequences that come with it. A certain procedure must be followed, which abides both to the country’s labour law as well as to the contract that has been signed between the employer and the employee.
Find out about the things you should think about before resigning, what to do when you resign and what your rights and obligations to your employer are.
Free to use
You’re thinking about quitting your job. There are major issues you need to consider when you decide to resign. By going through all the exercises, videos and links will help you understand when it is time to resignand how to resign.
Resigning from your job has tangible as well as intangible effects. Since there are so many consequences, you should not make a quick decision but always think the reasons why you want to quit. First, you have to be sure you want to resign and afterwards to make a graceful departure from your employer.
Before you resign from your job
- Be 100% sure you’re ready to resign. So, is it really time to quit your job? Before resigning, you should think about why you're doing it and if it's the right thing to do. Fill in the Quiz and you will find out if you should quit your job.
Resign from Your Job
The most important rule when resigning a job is to leave on good terms.
- Give the correct notice period. Follow your contractual responsibilities with regard to how much notice you are giving. The amount of time you will continue to work after resigning is usually covered in your employment contract or any union agreement that you fall under.
- Write an official resignation letter. No matter the reason you want to quit your job, you should always be polite and keep it formal. This means that you could write a resignationletter. It is essential that you read all of the links attached; they provide many useful information and templates on which you should base your resignation letter.
- ·Prepare a comprehensive handover. Once you have rendered your resignation and it has been accepted, it’s generally expected that you will prepare a comprehensive handover for your replacement. Make sure that you complete all the aspects of the handover and the exit policy after you tender your resignation. This way, anyone who is required to take over your tasks will be able to do so with relative ease.
There are some mistakes that you should definitely avoid when writing a resignation letter. Exercise 2 will help you learn all the ins and outs of how to write a great resignation letter, in case you need one.
This is it! By now you should know if it’s time to resign and how to resign from a job properly. Keep in mind, resigning is not bad; you could turn things around and prove yourself worthy in a different working environment!
- How do you know when it's time to resign
- What to do when you resign
- The purpose of the resignation letter
- Different types of resignation letters
- Legal issues as to when you should present your resignation letter
- What are your rights/obligations as an employee who wants to resign
Warning: file_get_contents(http://youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MLsN-E7Stw): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 410 Gone in /home/migreatoer/public_html/tmp/sourcerer_php_83d4059603b8d4db09e6e96c20adf155 on line 10
Warning: file_get_contents(http://youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=axcrQe9oNTs): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 410 Gone in /home/migreatoer/public_html/tmp/sourcerer_php_8d0b5750ce576d311f3dece9d24d1996 on line 10